You constantly feel on edge and can’t stop worrying about all the things that you know are just seconds away from hitting the fan. You feel paralyzed and even the things that are supposed to relax you, like that massage you had booked earlier in the week or time with friends and family, aren’t cutting it. Even in those precious moments, you’ve got a running list of all the things you still have to do and it feels like every nerve in your body is firing at once telling you to GET UP! You’re ready for a change, to start truly living your life, but you can’t imagine how you’re going to fit it into your schedule.
You don’t have to let that stop you.
In addition to in-person sessions, Counseling Solutions of Broward offers online therapy through a secure HIPAA compliant video session platform. I know how busy your life is, and how difficult it is to prioritize yourself and your needs. Online therapy means you don’t have to choose.
You don’t have to choose between meeting your daily demands and the self-care needed to meet those demands.
Online therapy offers so many wonderful benefits that traditional in-person therapy is unable to provide…
- Convenient creative scheduling- You can schedule an appointment for your lunch break, evenings, and Saturdays (by appointment only).
- Cut out travel time- No need to set up childcare or leave early from work, schedule your session while your kids are at school or on your lunch break!
- Boosted Privacy- Your sessions are always confidential (excluding specific circumstances, please see intake consents). With online counseling, you cut out the chance of bumping into a friend or colleague in a waiting room. Thus, any stigma you may feel about seeking therapy does not need to be a barrier to you getting the support that you need.
- Comfort- I welcome you to our cozy office, but nothing beats your most safe space. You can have your session from your own living room, office, beach or even your She shed.
- Consistency- You don’t have to miss a session because of your vacation, business trip, or if you move within the state of Florida.
- Avoid Cancellations and Fees- Something came up and you weren’t able to leave work, or you have to stay home with a sick child. You don’t need to cancel just change formats! Why pay the cancellation fee and get none of the benefits of your scheduled appointment?
Does Online Therapy Work?
Multiple research studies have been conducted to explore the effectiveness of online therapy over the past two decades. Of these several research reviews indicate consistent findings that online therapy is effective to address various psychological issues including anxiety and depression. Further research indicates that online therapy utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is just as effective as in-person therapy. Also, many millennials and Gen Z-ers find web-based mediums are consistent with their preferred communication style and thus reduce the experience of anxiety related to seeking in-person therapy.
Is Online Therapy Right for You?
Online therapy with a trained and licensed therapist has been shown to be effective for a number of therapeutic issues. Working with a trained professional is different from talking to your friends or family. Therapists learn HOW to listen, WHAT to listen to, and HOW to assist you in finding solutions that WORK FOR YOU.
Online therapy removes some of the practical barriers to seeking therapy while keeping the unique factors that allow therapy to work. While most issues can be addressed properly and ethically in an online/teletherapy platform, some issues such as strong thoughts about suicide or self-harm are not a good fit for online/teletherapy. In these cases, in-person therapy is preferred.
Research has also found that the most predictive factor in having a successful experience with therapy is the relationship between the therapist and client. Some clients find online therapy allows them to be more authentic and open quicker than in-person sessions.
How Does Online Therapy Work?
Counseling Solutions of Broward offers secure video conferencing with a HIPAA compliant platform. Services are offered via video conferencing similar to Face- Time or other video chat apps. You can use your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Many insurance companies have expanded to cover services provided for online therapy. However, there are some providers, and even some plans within the same provider, who do not cover online therapy. It is important to verify your benefits prior to scheduling.
Insurance companies rarely cover cancellation fees, so instead of canceling your in-office session completely, consider rescheduling your session for online therapy. It’s a win, win.
You also always have the option to self-pay for your services. Have more questions regarding fees?
Still unsure if this is a fit for you? Let’s talk about it in your consultation!